Determining the Difficulty
Base combat difficulty = defense total
- Defense total = (passive defense value or active defense value) plus combat difficulty modifiers
- Passive defense value = 10
- Active defense value = full defense value or partial defense value
- Full defense value = any defense skill roll + 10
- Partial defense value = any defense skill roll
If the attacker’s combat skill total plus any modifiers equals or exceeds the target’s defense roll, the attack succeeds and may do damage.
- Damage total
- For attacks that do damage not modified by strength: damage total = roll of weapon damage die code plus damage modifiers
- For attacks that do damage modified by strength: damage total = roll of weapon damage die code plus character’s Strength Damage die code plus damage modifiers
- Damage resistance total
- Body Points: roll of Armor die code plus defense modifiers
- Wounds: roll of Physique plus Armor die code plus defense modifiers
- If the damage total is greater than the damage resistance total, the target was injured. If the damage total is less than or equal to the damage resistance total, the target was not injured.
- If the target was injured, subtract the damage resistance total from the damage total. Then either subtract this from the target’s current Body Total or compare the value on the “Wound Level” chart.
page revision: 4, last edited: 28 Aug 2010 12:55